Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time to get Serious!

Like many things in my life, I started my writing blog and let other things get in the way. I also suffered a SEVERE writer's block for a long time because I got caught up in trying to "be a writer" instead of trying to write. So, I am back to writing.

To catch you up. I have tabled for now my chick lit Janet Evanovich-esque novel, but not given up the idea yet.

I have been acting as President of the Heartland Romance Authors for a couple of years and have learned MUCH. So much, that for awhile I intimidated myself out of writing.

Currently I am writing a young adult thriller that features a teen male protagonist and a teenage serial mercy killer. The underlying storyline focuses on the story of two twin high school boys. One is bi-polar and they are both trying to deal with the suicide of their previously depressed father. It is kind of a looking in the mirror to see yourself in your brother. Think Wally Lamb. It also features a theme similar to my favorite book of all times, Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck. Making a choice with only bad choices.

This book is a way for me to use my experience as a teacher, a stepmother to twins, and a neat book I found last year at Nationals on serial killers.

Now, I am going to do what I need to do. WRITE. WRITE regularly and do NOT self-edit. GET IT WRITTEN AND THEN REVISE OR YOU NEVER MOVE FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.