Monday, June 21, 2010

Something Old

Today I was reading in my Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul that helps me remember to be a writer. I came across an old friend, Lois Duncan, the author of Down a Dark Hall. I found that book in 5th grade having read all 133 Nancy Drew books. I loved Down a Dark Hall! I have read numerous other books by Duncan but Down a Dark Hall remains my favorite. It was dark, (obviously) and mysterious and suspenseful. When my daughter was old enough I shared the author with her and when my granddaughter is old enough, I will share the books with her too. When I began teaching I came across some Duncan books in a reading program I was using and was able to share them with hundreds of students. So here I am thirty six years later and I still remember how I felt when I read Down a Dark Hall. That is the true gift of a writer. Thank you Lois Duncan.

1 comment:

  1. Actually emailed Lois Duncan and got a very nice reply. Made my day!.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.