Sunday, September 4, 2011

Today is the day!

Good Morning Writing World!

A short post before I go off to slay some writing dragons...on this case a little girl and a momma bunny. (And for any censors I am only slaying things in a literary sense. No real humans or animals were harmed in this writing experience.)

I took some time these past two weeks to review in my head what I have already written and think about some holes I have in the novel concerning plot and character development. I also have been debating how to address the first chapter and make it match the mood of the novel as I needed to and how to SHOW more about the characters without giving too much back story at the beginning. Both are very important concepts to master.

And I have been inspired by my grandchildren's love of animals to add some and use this kind of love as a defining characteristic for someone.

Slowly, but surely I am figuring out how to get those layers in there.

I think I have figured out how to go forward, so today I write. And with the weeks I have had at work, I found it much easier to hypothetically plan characters' demises. And people wonder what motivates authors to find their ideas. :o(

May the mayhem begin!

Okay, I have to fold a load of towels first. Writers lead such glamorous lives.
But then definitely mayhem.

May you find the mayhem or peace you seek today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.