Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snowapocalypse Equals Editing, Writing, and Reading

These are some photo's from the first snow.  We've had two more since them.
It's snowing here.  Again.  It is the first time in a long time that we have feet of snow.  We can't even manage to get or keep the roads clean, schools and many businesses are closed, and I finally told the post office to hold my mail since the street crews keep burying my mailbox.  I am six foot and it is no exaggeration that there are some man made snow drifts out there taller than I am.

But it does give me some great time to do some editing.  I am using three screens to take my manuscript and doing some splitting of the screens to look at all of my beta readers comments at the same time and adjust.  It is time consuming, but lets me see if more than one of my readers didn't like something and it gives me an idea of what a variety of readers pick up on.  Thank goodness I had power the whole time.  Not everyone has had.

Reading manuscripts for my intern position has motivated me to come up with some ideas for my own New Adult.  It has been many years since college, but I think I can figure it out and I have plenty of former students and young family members to ask questions.

And I have been reading some great books too.  I caught up on a Julia Quinn book I had somehow missed.  Now I am reading a New Adult that Saranna DeWylde recommended then I am on to her new release, How to Seduce an Angel in 10 Days.  Her books are written in a way that fun-loving smart people enjoy.

So what do you like to do with snow days? Please leave me a comment.  It helps my Klout score...social media presence number.


Whatever it is, stay warm, and enjoy some hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.