Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Writing things to love

Sometimes with all my pressures in life, I forget how much I love to write. And I do love it.
Then, why does it not happen as much as I like? Ummmmmm. Well, there is a LOT going on. But the truth is, I don't make it the priority in my life that I should.

I think I will BECOME a writer, but don't think I am there yet. Someone told me I AM writer now. I need to remember that and the simple joy writing brings me.

I was recently shamed...I always make the excuse that my writing situation has to be perfect. Perfect environment, perfect storyline, perfect silence. Perfect excuses. Perfect procrastinator!

The woman who unintentionally shamed me shared that she writes with her kids seated at her table in their minion chairs. She writes, they color and craft. Wow! Another of the most prolific writers I know, has animals, jobs, and kids all over the place. And they get things accomplished.

My goal...Don't make excuses. Don't wait for perfect. Do IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.