Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Dance of theThirty Scarves

The mystery of what will appear on my neck besides wrinkles and bleed over double chins has been answered for the first five days of November.

It is FIVE days into Nanowrimo-National Novel Writing Month and I have been writing. But I need to write more to keep up. What I have been keeping up with is my quest to wear a different scarf every day of November to remind people to be writers.

Somehow I have always thought writers wear scarves...and I found this was true about a number of them when I went to some writing events.
So I have combined my apparent fascination for scarves-(I really only need to buy two to have thirty)-with my love of writing to have my own Nanoscarfapalooza event. Don't be afraid to join in!

November 1st kicked off with a stunning teal and gold brocade. November 2nd featured a watered silk green and rust. November 3rd was the most popular scarf of all. Numerous compliments on this one, including one from a student who hasn't spoken out loud more than twice all year. November 4 I was a little under the weather and went with the comfy cotton bright yellow and white. November 5 I got out one of my silk scarves Bob brought me back from Thailand.

Who knows what will be next?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.