Friday, January 4, 2013

Just a quick Howdy Doo!

It's just a quick Howdy Doo from the G. Aliceson Edwards writing world on how I am doing with my 2013 professional goals.  It's already the fourth after all.  It's kind of repeat of my last blog post, but it reminds me what I want to accomplish.

New Year has rolled in with me hurrying to finish the "final" draft of Mirror Images before I force myself to stop editing and give this book out to some beta readers.  Yeah, I have been working on this book forever.  (I did write others while I was working on this one. )  But I am determined to finally achieve the level of quality I want for this book.  This day has been a long time coming, because I suffer, as many writers do, from insecurity that my writing shouldn't be read until it is perfect.  Silly, since I taught for the years about the value of drafts and feedback.  Physician heal thyself and all that.

After Betas return comments, then I will choose what to change or possibly what to keep the same in my quest for improvement.

Then I contact more agents and editors in a query frenzy.   Yes, I really am going to push toward the publication goal. Doubt be danged!  (I try not to cuss on social media.)

During some of the action above I will be designing my website.  I blog, tweet, and Facebook, but have never gotten to the website phase.  It is here.

I spent December giving away free presentations to schools and groups.  Now I have more scheduled and some decent paying gigs too.

This is my January 2013.  I hope you have great plans for your own.

I do a lot of dancing during my writing breaks.  Check out this cool Facebook  account and find the Hokey Pokey Shakespeare style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.