Monday, December 27, 2010

New Day A'Dawning

December 27. Did the holidays. Took a day to rest. Putting away the Christmas decorations today. Finalizing HeRA bylaws and P & PM also today in preparation for some meetings tomorrow.

And doing some goal setting for writing and for me. It is time to determine what works best for me and where I want to be at the end of this year. I already know that this is the year I want to get something (not necessarily a novel)(I recognize the difficulty of that)published. I want to get my office set up better and USE it. I want to work on my professional side of writing. First-organize my contacts, second-develop brand, third-get business cards, and fourth-get a website. AND most important-make a conscious plan to get my writing done. And if I could only think of way to get enough money to go to New York for Nationals this year, I would be set. It is going to be rough coming up with the money. I am making less money at school this year. I don't have enough hair to sell. My organs? Well, nobody would be interested. I am too old to carry someone's baby. Pretty much everything else I can think of that might be fun, is illegal. The whole illegal thing is frowned on in the field of education.

Sound the trumpets or blow an airhorn, look out because here I come to start the day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Aliceson. You are just so funny. Your blog makes me feel great when I read it. Good luck with your goals for this year. I know you can accomplish anything you set out to do. (Yeah, I wrote it, but it seemed like a fun thing to do at the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the blog author.

    Please stop commenting on my writing blog and stop following me around. Everywhere I go, you are there. And sometimes when I catch a glimpse of you in the mirror with no makeup, your hair sticking up, dressed in a furry nightgown, you SCARE me! G. Aliceson (No, I don't have split personalities...I just am weird...but in a nice way.)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.