Thursday, August 4, 2011

CAUTION: Work area ahead!

I apologize for neglecting you dear blog, but the act of writing is filling my days and evenings and thoughts when I am not writing. Or maybe I am simply editing, but I find myself having to write to do that.

Today, I decided to quickly straighten up my office before starting a marathon session. I noticed some things. My office has much in it. Forget the grandchildren's numerous belongings. (Part office-part kid's stay over room.) Just for writing I now have two TALL bookshelves full of resources, a multi-tiered desk, a temporary card table, a rolling desk chair, a recliner (ankles tend to swell), a wonderful back massage thingy that fits on the recliner (seriously, get one), a small adjustable side table, printer, phone, desktop computer, the laptap I actually write on, a light weight laptop desk-because it gets hot on my legs, a cat who likes to sit on my toes, papers spread out everywhere, my I-Pod, a coaster for my required iced tea glass, and a large plastic hunting knife, and me.

Okay, forget the large plastic hunting knife. That is my grandson's. But I'll keep it in mind in case I want to add a knife fight. Good tool for choreographing.

Whew. It sure is a lot. I also have bunkbeds and a t.v., but who has time for that!

This is my world. And now I am going to do some writing to justify all of the things now taking up space in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.