Monday, August 8, 2011

A Book is Born!

I'll admit. I thought I had my YA Mirror Images written before. I found out when editing a large part of the ending was wrong, so there was about four chapters of writing instead of editing and simple revision.

But I was wrong about my novel being done. Today I finished it. And I know it was finished because I cried.

I didn't cry:
because I could now type "The End" if I wanted. I didn't-not cool.
Or because I would now get to leave my office for more than ten minutes at a time.
Or even because I can go work getting ready for school. (Summer ending and school starting is a separate tear session.)

I cried because I did it. I told the story my characters wanted to get out to the world.

Now, more editing and proofing and sharing with readers and editing some more before sending it out to agents. Hopefully that will result in more editing, but at least I know that the story is there.

And even though I was the one who wrote it, I am glad it got told. My characters deserved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, what did you think of what I had to say today? Leave me a comment and we'll interact a little.